> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > shallow well
Login | Register

shallow well

Posted by George on July 30th, 2002 07:31 PM
In reply to When You Had The Hand Operated Pump...... by Dodgeman on July 29th, 2002 12:42 PM [Go to top of thread]

July 30, 2002

I appreciate your observations very much.

I only had to pump the hand job 20 times after it had set for a long time. Otherwise I only had to pump 3 or 4 times to get water. There is only one fitting between the ground level and the water 2 feet below ground level. It is also sealed with clear silicone in addition to the PVC glue.
I rewired the pump according to the instructions by removing the connector (black Wire on the 230V prong) and placing the black wire on the 115V prong and the white wire on the 230V prong. I shall check again to be sure I did it correctly.
Even when I back off all pressure on the outlet side it continues to run without priming. All of the water I placed in the pump for priming gets blasted out as soon as I start the pump.
The static water level is approximately 9 to 10 feet below ground level.
I failed to mention one condition in my original submission. I wanted to see if there was any pressure in the pipe before the check valve, so I disconnected the union, on the horizontal connection to the vertical pipe. When I did this I could hear a hissing sound as the water level in the vertical pipe dropped down, sucking in air through the loosening connection.
Thank you again for your comments,

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC