> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Shallow Well
Login | Register

Shallow Well

Posted by George on July 28th, 2002 08:42 PM

1 of 1 people found this post helpful

I have a 1 1/2 inch PVC 16 ft shallow well, with 3 ft. 1 1/2 inch PVC sand point. The vertical pipe is approximately 1 ft above the ground level and the pump is approximately 2 ft from the vertical pipe. After sinking the PVC I hooked up a "hand operated pump" and was able to pump a heavy flow of water after about 20 pumps. However, when I hooked up, from 230V to 115V, a brand new Craftsman 1 horsepower, "Hydroglass Convertible Deep Well Jet Pump” (with the "Shallow Well" conversion kit properly attached), I am unable to pump any water. I have primed the pump properly, by filling the body with water and backed off the "pressure regulator" by turning it counter clockwise all the way. I have even sealed all of the PVC (above the ground level) connections with a clear silicone, thinking they were leaking. The "pressure gauge" will register up to 20 lbs. pressure and no more. I have let the pump run no more than 4 to 5 min. at a time trying to get my prime with no luck. I have tried released built up air pressure very slowly down to 15 lbs without any results. Initially, I had a properly attached “”Well-X-Trol” pressurized air tank, but I removed it thinking it was the problem, but to no avail. While the tank was attached I had adjusted the pressure at various stages from 25 lbs to 70 lbs. Before I hooked up the Convertible Deep Well Jet Pump I had tried a Craftsman horsepower “Hydroglass Shallow Well Jet Pump” with the same results.
I thank you in advance for any advice that will assist me in getting the pump to work and relieve my frustrations.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC