> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > shallow well
Login | Register

shallow well

Posted by Bill Stout on February 1st, 2000 05:32 PM
In reply to The well uses shallow ground water by Ron on February 1st, 2000 04:04 PM [Go to top of thread]

The shallow well is one that does not require a down-hole pump (submersible). Depending on how shallow it is, it may have a simple lift pump but I would guess it has a jet pump. This pump sends a jet of water down the inside pipe and through a venturi action, water is forced up the casing. I had a shallow well (100')in Houston and had plenty of water even during the worst drought when the city implemented water rationing. It all dpends on the depth of the water sands that you are pumping from. I 'd suggest you talk to the neighbors and see what luck they've had with their wells (assunming they have wells & I bet they do)

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2017 Renovate Your World LLC