> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Seems I spend much more time
Login | Register

Seems I spend much more time

Posted by deecee on February 20th, 2003 12:33 AM
In reply to economy and home centers by Moderator, Steve on February 19th, 2003 04:26 PM [Go to top of thread]

shopping for materials and tools than actually building things, so this is a really big subject with me. I regularly am in and out of three different Lowes and 3 different HD's (one of the girls at HD asked me when I was going to get an orange apron). My assessment of the bottom line here is that it changes by store and by the day you go. I bought some paint at Lowes (forgive me Steve) and was delighted with the assistance, knowledge and color matching. I sent my son back for more but it was more convenient for him to go to another Lowes and the idiot there insisted that it didn't matter that he was out of the base I specified, that flat white ceiling paint was just as good a base as the ultra white specified. And some days I get access to exceptional information at one HD and then have to deal with a trainee in the same department at another one that cannot admit that "I don't know the answer to that question" is a really good answer if that is the truth. I pay more for some stuff at the TruValu but the knowledge of the people at a particular store is well worth paying for (and some of their stuff is priced better than at the bigbox!). Bottom around and ask around. Next week's sermon: the dumbing of America or why people don't feel obligated to know their trade because a lawyer somewhere will argue that requiring people to be competant violates their rights. Luck, Kizmet

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC