> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Sears series 70 water softener
Login | Register

Sears series 70 water softener

Posted by Stephen Johnston on April 21st, 2003 09:59 PM
In reply to Kenmore water softener by mg on October 30th, 2002 05:44 AM [Go to top of thread]

10 of 13 people found this post helpful

New to using a water softener and it's the first time system isn't working correctly. The Sears Series 70 softener was already installed when we bought the home.

The system no longer uses salt and doesn't treat the water anymore. The water level in the main tank stays high and over the salt tablets. Now the level of the water is to the point where it leaks out of the back emergency drain hole and into the garage.

Thankfully, it's placed in an area where the water drain under the garage door and out. When it's time to condition the water, the timer works, the motor turns briefly, water flows and sounds like it drains but nothing changes with the water level or the treated water. I've unplugged the system a few days ago and realize I need to do something.

What does this problem sound like? Is this something that's fixable? If so, is it something I can do myself? Who would you recommend to call for repairs? Or, would it better to replace the system since we don't know the age of the system?

Thanks. I look forward to your response.

Stephen J.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC