> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Sears garage door opener safety sensor connections intermittant
Login | Register

Sears garage door opener safety sensor connections intermittant

Posted by David Graham on November 13th, 2000 09:04 PM

0 of 2 people found this post helpful

I have a flakey 1995 vintage Sears Craftsman garage door opener (#41A4315-6C). It seems like the connector that attaches to both the transmitter and receiver is not making good contact. By inserting to connector about 1/2 way and wiggling the wire a little, I can get the green led's to come on and make to door work. It never seems to work if I simply push the connector all the way on.

It seems possible that either the connector or the pins on the sensors are dirty. I have cleaned them, however, as best I could. Did the wire for the units come with the connector already on it? I would take the connector off and reconnect it if I could figure out how.

Then I wonder if the circuit board inside the sensors could be defective. Perhaps when I wiggle the wire I'm flexing the printed circuit board and enabling contact. You can't take the sensors apart, however. I wonder how I could check them out. Has anyone has had experience with flakey sensors?

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC