> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Sears Garage Door Opener
Login | Register

Sears Garage Door Opener

Posted by rick on January 7th, 2001 06:10 PM
In reply to Sears Garage Door Opener by Brian on November 19th, 2000 08:09 PM [Go to top of thread]

Moderator Post (s) for this thread:
> GDO by Billhart on 03/16/2008

I have just run into this same problem. A battery went out in one remote, changed it and attempted to program it but the little amber light beside the SRT button would not blink at all while pressing the remote button on the unit I had just replaced the battery on. At first I thought the new battery was dead. But after reading the instructions on the owners manual I decided to try "TO Add a Remote Control" procedure. The procedure using the Control Console would not work at all. I tried the procedure using the SRT button and it would not work until I held it down for 6 sec's effectivly clearing all remotes from access. I then used the Control console to program it, but now the other remote will not work. I have three garage door openers and 6 remotes.

Seeing these other post leads me to belive that this is a defect in the product and I do not want to footing the bill for 6 new remotes because of a manufacture defect.

I would like to hear from anyone else that has had this problem. I will be contacting the manufacture to get reimbursed. Anyone that would like to be notified of these results or has already done so please contact me at

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC