> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > sears
Login | Register

Posted by J L on November 12th, 2002 08:47 PM
In reply to sears vinyl by ryan on October 27th, 2002 12:21 PM [Go to top of thread]

1 of 1 people found this post helpful

I have a associate in the siding field who currently does subcontract siding for Sears and I can say for a fact that they are extremely overpriced on their products. E.G. Replacement of 36" replacement door on a recent job was $1,000. The door was a Larson insulated model which can be bought at most national building supply center (Home Depot, Lowe's. etc) for approx. $100.. Sears pays the sub between $20 & $25 labor to install this door. How's that for a markup!!!!!!!
As far as their siding, they buy from the same supplier as me and pay a similar price for their materials. If you are interested in a more realistic price please post a followup message with contact info. Only 2 things would make you go to Sears for siding, a need for financing or you have money to burn. I have been in business for 8 yrs. and my partner has been in business for approx. 30 yrs.. Neither of us have been sued for our work (quality or materials) and I doubt we would be able to get a good nights sleep if we screwed people over like Sears does regularly.

Thank you for taking the time to read this,

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC