> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Searchable archives would be nice too!
Login | Register

Searchable archives would be nice too!

Posted by Tim in Va on June 17th, 2000 08:19 AM
In reply to Suggestions by Kristy on June 16th, 2000 01:47 PM [Go to top of thread]

The choice between viewing postings by date or by categories sounds great. I am also an avid reader, having posted only two replies. I come here daily, and "catching up" in the current format is quite easy.

I can usually find what I need by searching the board with my browser, but the ability to search an archive of this board would be invaluable. Since these posts are not categorized, searches could be made against pre-set date ranges (6 mo. increments?) determined by the average number of posts over time. This would speed searches and decrease server overhead by performing searches on smaller data-sets. On other boards I have had great difficulties finding info searching by category....for reasons varying from a subject hard to categorize to a poster posting in the wrong category.

I have used boards in the past based on the same software used for the new board, and while I can use it comfortably, I've always felt that the fewer clicks it takes to get to what you need, the better. One click from my favorites and I'm here.

Oh well, time to get outside and cut the grass, then finish the prep work for the new exterior paint I hope to get on the house next week. Aren't vacations great?

Hope this board doesn't just fade away.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC