> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Search through the posts. Use Find In Page.
Login | Register

Search through the posts. Use Find In Page.

Posted by Ron on September 16th, 1999 02:52 PM
In reply to Hardwood floors? by Tamara on September 16th, 1999 12:21 PM [Go to top of thread]

This has been answered many times on this board. If you would use the Find option in the toolbar of your browser, you would have had your answer days and posts ago. In Netscape click "Edit" then click the "Find in Page" option. Put in a keyword like "Hardwood" and search through the posts. You should find posts with the keyword "hardwood"

Here's what I found and I only looked through some of the posts:

Citristrip has a product that is made for this. I haven't tried this but I use Citristrips other products and am very happy with them. Go to, then "new products", then "Adhesive Remover" for some information. I don't know how available this is in your area, but you might try going to where they have a "contact us" feature to find a source. Citristrip and Klean-Strip are owned by the same company.

There is some kind of carpet or tile glue remover listed at under one of their many brand listings. I don't know the name or the active ingredients so I can not recommend it. This is just to let you know that it is there. A further thought is that if the active ingredient is methyl chloride, I would find something else. And I would not use acetone for any area cleaning in a basement. Any ignition source, like a furnace or water heater pilot light can ignite the vapors with explosive results. Paint thinner is bad enough and it should only be used with excellent ventilation.

PS: Don't be lazy. Search through the board and you'll find the answers to common questions such as the one you asked. And you won't have to wait for a response. You can find many answers right away! Then leave the poster of the answer a nice "Thank You".

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC