> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Search The WEB Like This ...
Login | Register

Search The WEB Like This ...

Posted by Jay J on March 9th, 1998 08:50 AM
In reply to I Don't Know by ken steel on March 6th, 1998 11:02 PM [Go to top of thread]

Thanks for the follow-up. I'm sure you know there are TONS and tons of sites out there but aren't sure how to go about finding them. Well, here are a couple of ideas ...

For starters, you can go to Yahoo! and enter in +handyman +forum. Enter these 2 words WITH the '+' in them and a 'space' between them, and press SEARCH. You'll get over 1000 links to sites that talk about 'handyman' and 'forum'. From there, you'll have to sift through which sites fit your fancy. Also, you can do the same thing from other search engines. I'll spare going into listing them but if you're using Netscape, you can click on the Search button on the top-most tool bar in the browser. On this Search page, you'll get a listing of a few Search Engines. Just read the Help options for each of them on how to do Advanced Searches. These are most useful in knowing how to refine your search list. At worst, find a friend who's familiar with a few Engines and have them show you how to use them. They all don't operate the same. Again, that's where the Help comes in (on-line or from a friend).

Good luck and if GILL comes up, please let me know.

Jay J

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC