> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Santa Report !!!
Login | Register

Santa Report !!!

Posted by Jay J -Moderator on December 24th, 2000 09:28 PM

Just before closing time at my local Sears (which was about 6pm EST), I saw Santa at the loading dock. He and an elf were arguing about a weight problem in the sleigh, or something. So, my insaciable curiosity took over and I had to investigate.

When I B-lined for the loading dock, Santa was tossing 'stuff' out of the sleigh and the elf was putting it right back in. There seemed no end to it. So, I asked, "Santa, I'm a DIYer. Maybe I can be of assistance?" Well, the 2 of them found it in themselves to stop and ponder the thought. "The sleigh is overloaded", said the elf. "No it's not! It will do just fine", said Santa. Well, I threw in my $.02. "Gentlemen - Santa! How 'bout exchanging some of those tools for Gift Certificates! Then, all the DIYers can get whatever they want".

Well, THAT just made too much sense! "But the store is closing", said Santa. "And we have a few more places to go before we begin deliveries", said the elf. "I'll tell you what - Leave whatever you have to and I'll take care of it. Come back in about an hour and I'll have the certificates for you!" "Great!", said Santa. And off they went.

About an hour later (and about 20 degrees cooler), they came back. "Jay J", said Santa, "I don't know what to say but thanks Jay J." I handed Santa a sack full of Gift Certificates. "Need a ride, Jay J?", said the elf. "Uhhhh, no thanks. The sleigh will DEFINITELY be over-weighted if I get in it!" With a few giggles at that, and a heighdy-ho, off they flew. And what a sight it was!

SO, if any of you DIYers wake up tomorrow morning with Gift Certificates to Sears stuffed in your stocking, don't blame Santa for not getting you what you wanted. It was my idea.

Merry Christmas to all from 'this' DIYer, and to all a good night!

Jay J -Moderator

PS: You gotta love those Gift Certificates ...

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC