> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Same Situation ...
Login | Register

Same Situation ...

Posted by Jay J -Moderator on November 13th, 2002 07:12 AM
In reply to NO WEEP HOLES by Joe on November 12th, 2002 09:44 PM [Go to top of thread]

Hi Joe,

Please read my follow-up regarding your Foundation Cracks post just below. This post and the info in it makes it sound like you're the same Joe. If not, the info still applies.

Now, specifically, with regards to your weepholes. It depends. I don't have weepholes. My brick is beneath a full-length front porch. The brick is not structural; it's just a facade. The flashing above the porch redirects water onto the porch roof. Hence, no need for weep holes.

In addition to the notes and letters I talked about in your previous post, here, you need to do a little more. You might want to consider calling your Municipal Office to see about getting an Inspector to see if the home meets Code. If weep holes are required by code, and they're not there, the Contractor has some explaining to do. As to who's responsible, you'll probably have to resort to a judge or jury. Also, you have to wonder how the home got its Occupancy Permit if it didn't meet code. This too you need to find out.

Hopefully, others will post up, but you can get started w/my suggestions. Let us know how you make out. (Start a new post but just not it as a Follow-up to this post. Your post will disappear, so to speak, in about a week.) My best to ya and hope this helps.

Jay J -Moderator

PS: God Bless America!

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC