Thank you, all. I sent my original request in August on a frustrated whim....never thinking about it again. Now, 3 moths later, while cleaning out my "favorites" I just noticed your responses. As far a the shutters....well the t-type hinges that have been painted over and over again over the years are difficult to find locally. I've located some on the internet, however, for $25 each (ouch!).As I continue to look at the problem, it appears that the hinges may not be the issue. Rather, both the wooden shutters themselves as well as the worn out screw holes have more to do with it. Thanks for the suggestions to use dowels or golf tees and to move the screw holes. I will continue to carefully contemplate each shutter before taking any down. This is a HUGE project that's probably best to do shutter by shutter....who knows when it will be completed. Thanks again. You've made my day.