> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > ruud is fine, quality of install is more important...
Login | Register

ruud is fine, quality of install is more important...

Posted by jb on December 8th, 2000 11:34 AM
In reply to RUUD Furnaces by Bill on December 8th, 2000 10:02 AM [Go to top of thread]

1 of 2 people found this post helpful

From what I have heard, Ruud is a decent brand. They are a slightly lower priced version of Rheem. Rheem bought them a while back and I think they are largely similar and Rheem is a top notch brand. More important than the actual brand name is the quality of the install and the service and support of the installing company. You should get some references and actually call them to see how their past installs worked 1,2,or 3 or more years after the fact. If they didn't do a "manual J" heat loss calculation then I would highly recommend going to and purchasing their software for $39 (homeowner one use). This will allow you to spend a few hours with a tape measure and then enter the room by room measurements into the program and you will end up sizing the equipment and ducts and fan etc. correctly. If the contractor did a manual j calculation then he should be able to supply it to you to show that he isn't doing a "rule of thumb" sizing for the furnace, fan and ducts.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC