> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > RUUD Deluxe 80 plus furnace
Login | Register

RUUD Deluxe 80 plus furnace

Posted by Kathleen Corkett on October 7th, 2002 12:33 AM
In reply to replacing furnace by victor on October 8th, 1999 09:06 PM [Go to top of thread]

0 of 1 people found this post helpful

I am currently renting a 2,000 sq ft home with a Rudd Deluxe 80 plus furnace that forces air to 6 downstairs vents on the same level as the furnace, which is in the garage, and 5 upstairs vents. The system has a two-ton blower drive, which barely blows enough air to the downstairs vents and negligable air flow to the upstairs vents.

I am negotiating with our landlords furnace contractor as to whether the two-ton blower can be upgraded and an estimate of the cost if it is possible. Or do I have to settle for very little air flow and continually close and open vents depending on the room I need heat in.

Also, what is the ineffeciencies of running this furnace with such a weak blower, as I am paying the heating bill. The furnace takes a long time to heat 2,000 sq. ft. on two levels with such little air force and has to keep coming on to maintain that heat. Thus my gas bill is high as a result. How can I justify an upgrade to my landlord that may also somehow be in his favor?

Any comments are welcome.

Mr. Peter J. Corkett

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC