> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Running ductwork
Login | Register

Running ductwork

Posted by Harold Kestenholz - Hydronic Network on May 7th, 2001 08:02 PM
In reply to running ductwork to 2nd story of old home by Chris K on May 7th, 2001 07:53 PM [Go to top of thread]

Go to the local heating and air conditioning supplier. They can give or sell you a ductulator. You can then begin to master the use of how to properly size each duct run for every room so that you will have enough air flow to heat all parts of the house. You don't want to take too much air from the downstairs to feed the upstairs and vice-versa. A course on proper air flow, duct design, and insulation usually takes a year at a county college. A determined do-it-yourselfer can sometimes do it faster by intensive home study.
you will then be prepared to go on further to more intensive air conditioning and heating courses. You can find the skills required for the HVAC field in the National Skills Standards pages at

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2017 Renovate Your World LLC