> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > rotted wood under tub due to water pipe leak
Login | Register

rotted wood under tub due to water pipe leak

Posted by LJ in TX on December 19th, 2001 08:00 AM
In reply to Flooring around bathtub by Wayne on December 18th, 2001 09:44 AM [Go to top of thread]

you need to call an experienced carpenter/contractor to give you an estimate to repair the damage, which by the way should be covered by your homeowners insurance policy since it was caused by a leaking water pipe. And you need to get the leak repaired at your expense. After you get you independent estimate to fix the rotted wood, which may entail having to have a plumber remove the tub to fix it properly,,then call your insurance up, explain what is wrong and have them send an adjuster out to inspect the damage and give you an estimate of repair. If the insurance estimate is lower than you independent bid....give the insurance a copy of the written detailed estimate that you had gotten to have the insurance company cover more cost to get the repairs made. they will send you a check minus your deductible to execute the repairs. hope this helps....LJ

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2017 Renovate Your World LLC