> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Rotted Wood
Login | Register

Rotted Wood

Posted by Gary Katsanis on July 12th, 1998 09:37 PM
In reply to Rotting Wood by Fred Stroud on July 12th, 1998 03:53 PM [Go to top of thread]


If it is not structural, you can pour something like Minwax wood conditioner over it - it wicks into the wood and stiffens what's left. Then you can fill it with an epoxy filler. Some, like the Minwax, claim to be stainable, if you have natural wood showing; all are paintable.

If you use epoxy filler, build it up with several applications. It's a lot easier to add to it than to take it off.

If your wood is structural, replace it.

Good luck!

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2017 Renovate Your World LLC