> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > ROTFLMAO!!!
Login | Register

Posted by Henry in MI on June 3rd, 2001 11:01 AM
In reply to sidebar for Henry by pb on June 3rd, 2001 03:35 AM [Go to top of thread]

pb, you really had it rough. How could you ever lose a job like that? You get drunk one night and bash into the side of a feedstore in downtown Pagosa Springs? Hope the gals was all like Mavis Davis, not too much upstairs, but from there on down, Disneyland!

I know we had a great time in Central City one night in the early spring a couple of years after that. A buddy and I went out on a sales trip and we ended up in the one bar in town that was open, if you can believe that now. Got to talking with a guy named Tiny (6'13" tall) that worked in a moly mine 'till he made enough money to quit for a while. Had a horse, a dog and a shack up in the mountains. Oh, and he also had more gals letting him know that they were available than I could have handled in two or three lifetimes.

My buddy, Bill, and I both had a wife and a bunch of kids in the Chicago suburbs, a job that kept us running thru airports, and a whole bunch of bills. Tiny's deal wasn't what I wanted for a lifetime either, but it sure would have been great for 10 or 20 years. LOL

One customer we called on out there had a falling out with his father in Kansas, picked up and left for Denver and built a great business there. He passed away on the 13th green of the Broadmore and I don't think anything could have been more fitting.

His General Manager had a neighbor who was a dealer in penny gold stocks. He gave the neighbor a few bucks out of every check with the deal that he would never ask for an accounting and the neighbor should handle it like it was the neighbor's own money. If you remember, the gold market went wild after the gas shortage. He didn't ask even then but the neighbor told him that he did one day that he was doing real well. I talked to him a few years later and asked if he got out at the right time. He told me that he had and he retired a couple of months after that. Some people make pretty good luck for themselves. And Colorado was a great place to do it then.

Henry in MI

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC