> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > roots/pools
Login | Register

Posted by Paula Guerena on July 16th, 1999 01:34 AM
In reply to tree roots vs swimming pools by Paula Guerena on July 12th, 1999 03:47 PM [Go to top of thread]

My motive in asking this question was to see if anyone out there had heard of banyan trees causing such problems with there roots. I have great neighbors and wanted to get all the facts before bringing up the subject,if need be. Since I posted my message, two nurseries have told me I have plenty to worry about. One told me if the tree isn't removed, the I should consider moving as it will most likely cause harm. Another told me that this type of root can knock a house off its foundation. The electric company has warned me that since the trees are so close to the power lines that if my swimming pool were to get a crack that the ground could become saturated and the electrical current would electricute my swimming pool. As a safeguard the electric company is comming out to trim.
As a responsible person, I'm glad I chose the route (no pun intended) to ask questions, and get the facts rather than sit back blindly and "not worry". Thank you Jay J. for you're time and for the tip on asking my homeowners insurance. I will. I appreciate your great attitude, kindness & help.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC