> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Room Addition
Login | Register

Room Addition

Posted by Susan Cook on July 15th, 1998 01:48 PM

My sister and I want to build a room addition (662 sq.ft) on here 1970's ranch style home. In exploring all of the ins and outs of this project I am getting very frustrated with the Construction Buisiness. What is the difference between a builder and contractor? What is the difference between an architect, designer, engineer? Why do men have to make all of this so difficult. Being a woman with a project like this is the first and most difficult task I have to overcome. Getting a straight answer is an impossibility. My questions are not difficult and very straight forward but I get the run around. I am sorry but we do not have a man to deal with all of these other men in the construction business. One minute I am told that the plans I have are okay for now but will need plans from and architect or designer for the engineer. Isn't there one person out there who can do all of this? What is his title and where do I find him and not get ripped off because we are two women in a man's territory?

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC