> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > roof repair
Login | Register

roof repair

Posted by Allison Garcia on November 11th, 2002 09:27 AM
In reply to how to install a roof by frank on August 1st, 2000 08:16 PM [Go to top of thread]

I am concerned about a roof leak I am having. I live in Oklahoma and my home is in San Antonio. I have called several roofers for estimates and have hired one to repair a leak. He said he could do a minor repair until he can get out and replace approx. 35 shingles. My tenants have told me he spent all of 5 min. on the roof. After 2 or 3 rains it is leaking again. The original repair was approx. $80.00. Now he is back out and says he does not see where it is leaking. I am having difficulty trusting anyone. The unfortunate thing is that he was recommended by a very successful realtor friend. My husband is a handy man and I thought that we might just drive out and he could fix it but I am concerned about his safety. The roof is rather high. What safety precautions should he take and should we attempt this just to save a little money and some piece of mind that the job will be done right? Your input would be greatly appreciated.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

• roof by carlos  4/7/04 08:32 PM

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC