renovateyourworld.com > Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > roof leak-mold & mildewed walls, floor & carpet
Login | Register

roof leak-mold & mildewed walls, floor & carpet

Posted by sheila mosby on October 17th, 2002 08:30 AM
In reply to Roof leak damage by Dave Bergeron on March 22nd, 2001 07:22 AM [Go to top of thread]

THE INS. CO. HAS SAID THEY WILL NOT COVER THE DAMAGE FROM A LEAK IN THE VALLEY OF MY ROOF. THE HOUSE IS ONLY THREE YEARS OLD. MY DAUGHTERS WALL, CEILING, FLOOR & CARPET ARE BLACK WITH MILDEW. THE PLUG-IN WAS FULL OF WATER. THE INS. SAYS I NEED TO FIND THE MANUFACTURER OF MY SHINGLES, BUT THE CONTRACTOR SAYS THAT MY SHINGLES ARE NOT BAD AND THE INS. SHOULD COVER. WE HAVE HAD SEVERAL STORMS AND WE SIT ON A HILL WHERE THE RAIN AND WIND GET PRETTY STRONG. MY DAUGHTER IS ALLERGIC TO MOLD AND MILDEW AND TAKES SHOTS ONCE A WEEK FOR THAT. I CAN'T SEEM TO TALK TO A SUPERVISOR AT THE INS. CO. B/C THEY SEEM TO ALL BE OUT OF TOWN. SO HERE I SIT. WE JUST BOUGHT THE HOUSE 6 MONTHS AGO, AND IT JUST SEEMS LIKE SOMEONE SHOULD BE RESPONSIBLE. PLEASE TELL ME WHAT I NEED TO DO. ATTORNEYS WANT TOO MUCH MONEY ALTHOUGH HE SAID WE DO HAVE A CASE. WHAT WOULD YOU SUGGEST. THANKS, SHEILA

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2017 Renovate Your World LLC