> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > RL red paints
Login | Register

RL red paints

Posted by Dave Tozer on August 27th, 2000 10:49 PM
In reply to ralph lauren paints by pat hager on July 22nd, 1999 02:59 PM [Go to top of thread]

Moderator Post:
> Ralph Lauren Paint Help by Handyman on 10/27/2004

I found this string of messages after searching for RL paint info. It's almost a year and a half after people were having these discussions, but I thought I would put in my opinion in case anyone else searches, and finds this, as I did.

My wife and I bought RL "Dressage Red" for our living room. One thing I have seen no one mention on this subject, is the need for a primer with the RL reds. The manager of the paint store that sold us the paint said that this red RL primer is absolutely necessary, if you expect the top coat of red to cover the walls in one or two coats. He told us up front that people have had to do one, two, three, or more coats to get this red to work.

Why? He said no other paint achieves the depth and look of the RL reds. So it sounds like you reeeeeeally have to take your time with the primer prep. (my wife and I have done two coats of primer).

Tomorrow night we are going to attempt the first application of the top coat.

One other thing I don't want to forget, a roller cover with at least a 1/2" nap was the key for us getting the primer on without streaking. I had used a 3/8" nap roller cover and the results were horrible. You just have to get everything right with this paint.

Best of luck to everyone.

-Dave & Tracy
Indianapolis, Indiana, USA

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Thread Closed
The Webmaster has closed this topic to new posts. Please see the “Most Relevant Post” as suggested by the forum Moderator or go to top of topic for a full history of this topic as it may have been answered. We also recommend searching other topics to see if your question has been answered or starting a new topic.

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC