> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > RL Duchesse Satin
Login | Register

RL Duchesse Satin

Posted by Lisa on January 2nd, 2003 08:24 PM
In reply to RALPH LAUREN PAINT by LINDSEY on July 19th, 2002 06:43 PM [Go to top of thread]

Moderator Post:
> Ralph Lauren Paint Help by Handyman on 10/28/2004

When RL first came out with paint, I purchased the duchesse satin, in a nice gold, and painted one wall in my loft. It came out great. The folks at Home Depot told me that it doesn't roll well, but they'd 'heard' about good results with one particular roller. I think it had a thick nap.

Today I went to Home Depot to purchase a can of the Duchesse satin for my bathroom, in a pale color. After the man mixed it and handed it to me, he told me that I can't roll it. That I can't even use my Wagner sprayer, that it either needs to be sprayed with a High Volume Low Pressure (HVLP) sprayer, or sponged on. After I moaned about it, and told him that I had been successful with a darker color, years ago, he suggested that I roll the first coat, and then if I needed to make repairs, to sponge them on, to make it a faux finish.

Ideas anyone? If I do have lines, what do you think about me making my own glaze with the remainder of my gallon and some water, and then sponging that on?

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC