> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > River Rock Paint
Login | Register

River Rock Paint

Posted by Jodi G. on December 8th, 2002 09:06 AM
In reply to RIVER ROCK TRY THIS by SUE on December 3rd, 2002 11:35 AM [Go to top of thread]

Moderator Post:
> Ralph Lauren Paint Help by Handyman on 10/28/2004

I just tackled a living area, with vaulted ceilings and beams, and a hallway with this paint. I did the first wall per the instructions on the can (minus the primer, we applied to satin-finished white walls) and that is the only wall I had to do over. The key is to apply each coat that one area stays wet until the adjacent area is painted. Because of the little beads in the paint, if you allow one are to dry, the beads dry in place, and when overlaying the next area, a second coat of beads is added in this area making it much darker, and hence, the horrible steaking. Work quickly, and do not use this paint as you do other paints. You cannot load the roller and then apply until the roller is completely just does not work. Apply a fully loaded roller of paint, fan it out, reload and continue on to the next will use alot of paint. It is also imperative that you apply the secont coat to achieve the look on the samples. My first coat was darker than the first coat, and I was not truly pleased until the second coat dried. (I was painting a light, sand color.)And, even if your first coat is a little uneven, the second thick coat will cover nicely. Because of the required thickness of each coat, allow several hours for paint to dry before adding second coat. Also....use the River Rock rollers. (We tried another roller in a small area and it didn't yield the desired effect.) This paint resulted in the most beautiful walls I've ever owned!

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC