> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > river rock paint
Login | Register

river rock paint

Posted by Stacey on January 28th, 2001 10:27 PM
In reply to Ralph Lauren River Rock Paint by john tuomi on January 18th, 2001 11:57 AM [Go to top of thread]

Moderator Post:
> Ralph Lauren Paint Help by Handyman on 10/27/2004

I am so sorry you had so much trouble with the Ralph Lauren River Rock paint. I used the blue and the desert color for a four hundred square foot family room and love it! I will tell you however to use the tools Home Depot says you need is ridiculous. I achieved a great look by doing the following: dont use a base coat or fancy rollers, apply by brush first(a large one) any brush will do and then roll over it with a textured roller before it dries. I noticed large patches of irregularity but touching up will work with a paint brush and or roller. It is hard work but worth it. I used the first coat of the antique leather look in green in another room and was so pleased with that I didnt add the second color or age it to look like leather. Experimienting with different tools and colors with and without bases or topcoats worked for me. Good luck, I personally like the river rock effect as does every person who comes in our home. It is not easy to apply though so be prepared for toiling!

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

Thread Closed
The Webmaster has closed this topic to new posts. Please see the “Most Relevant Post” as suggested by the forum Moderator or go to top of topic for a full history of this topic as it may have been answered. We also recommend searching other topics to see if your question has been answered or starting a new topic.

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC