> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Rising Damp
Login | Register

Rising Damp

Posted by PhoenixFire on May 4th, 2001 10:23 PM
In reply to Good Question ... by Jay J -Moderator on May 4th, 2001 04:17 PM [Go to top of thread]

Ok....same I think rising damp....remember double brick rendered....the paint is peeling/blistering in various patches all around the house on the outside with a little on the inside at a spot or two...and the outside it is about 1 foot off the ground about level with the floor I I have heard that this happens to places that are old because they dont have a damp course (not that I know what that is....but) can you prevent it? We also noticed that one of the chimneys inside (the one that has the gas heater in it) on one side it has a sheet of paint dangling you could rip it off in one piece....I'm guesssing again it is rising damp....some windows and door frames if you look closely have black mildew around them in the this rising damp or bad sealing around windows etc?

This house has been cememted around including the driveway all one piece and the 'pest inspector' and the other supposed 'professionals' that are in the Real Estate Agents pockets say that it is 'normal' know the speel....the house is old..its normal.

With a couple extra vents, improved downpipes/gutterings and patching up around windows etc, and patching up over mildew in general anywhere like down the sides of door frames inside (why is it there inbetween the frame and the wall?) and maybe bleaching/antimoulding etc, is this house liveable?

What do builders recommend for houses that have rising damp and no damp course?

I mean put it this way, if you owned this house and wanted to live in it, what would you do about it?

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC