> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > RF, You can understand why I was under
Login | Register

RF, You can understand why I was under

Posted by Deecee on August 25th, 2003 04:38 PM
In reply to RF by re: Home D Sucks on August 25th, 2003 01:23 PM [Go to top of thread]

the impression you were blaming Home D by your posting's heading? Be that as it may, this is my advice to you: go to a local nursery and speak with someone familiar with the conditions and plants in your area. Lawns are quite specific to local conditions. I live across the river from Albuquerque and the soil conditions within shouting distance of the land on the other side are completely different than mine. One side of the river is granite gravel and my side is hardpack clay. So going to HD and trying to get good advice from a clerk or the back of a box is probably not the best set of options. Grass horticulture is a science (and art) unto itself. The soil you got a HD may be just fine, but the choice of grass you have for your specifics may not be a good choice. Got a golf course nearby? Got a neighbor with a beautiful lawn? Got an agricultural extension in Connecticut? Go get some good advice. My thinking is that if your friend really knew about soils and grasses, he would be doing something besides clerking at HD. Luck, Kizmet

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

• RF by re: Home D Sucks  8/25/03 01:23 PM

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC