> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Retaining wall for water edge
Login | Register

Retaining wall for water edge

Posted by ext on September 9th, 1999 08:52 PM
In reply to retaining wall for waters edge. by Russell Bentz on September 9th, 1999 09:13 AM [Go to top of thread]

Here in Canada, I often see water edges (but not always on flowing creeks) lined with wire cages that are filled with large 6" to 8" crushed rock. They are called "Gabion" (I am not sure of the spelling) cages, and are made knocked down, and are assembled with wire. They are approximately 2' x 2' x 4', are often stacked like bricks, several rows high. You would probably have to sink the bottom row below the creek bed, and protect it against wash-out with some of the same rocks piled against the cages.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2017 Renovate Your World LLC