> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > restoring the gloss
Login | Register

restoring the gloss

Posted by Bruce M on April 23rd, 1998 10:46 PM
In reply to restoring Formica countertop surface gloss by Frances Galbreath on April 23rd, 1998 02:21 PM [Go to top of thread]

Hi Frances:
This is a great Herrick Kimball question, who has literally written the book on kitchen counter tops (if he doesn't respond to this, he has a couple of posts below in which you might find his e-mail address). However, I think you are kinda SOL. The gloss on Formica (or Wilsonart) is a plastic that is applied during the high pressure laminating process. However, you can lessen the scratched area by carefully taking out the larger scratch marks with something like an automotive polishing compound or a laquer polish. The effect of this should be to convert the small area from scratchy looking to just dull looking.

Best wishes

Bruce M

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2017 Renovate Your World LLC