> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > replacing part of wood door frame for new lock
Login | Register

replacing part of wood door frame for new lock

Posted by Brady on February 22nd, 2000 02:54 PM

1 of 1 people found this post helpful

The front exterior door jam in my house needs repair. Right now, the "keeper" side of the lock (the door frame side) looks like it has been gouged out many times for different locks, or the door has been kicked in before and the door frame/jam has been poorly patched up. At first I thought I could just get a long metal plate that extends two-three feet, covering the door-handle lock and the dead bolt lock. Now I'm thinking it might be best to repair/replace that part of the door frame somehow. Any ideas? It's an older house (1930s) with an odd-shaped front door, so (economically) the entire frame cannot be replaced.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2017 Renovate Your World LLC