Our new house has a 4-prong outlet for the dryer, so we replaced our MayTag dryer cord from a 3-prong cord with the 30amps 4-prong cord. Unfortunately, we did it wrong the first time. We ground the red wire of the new cord instead of the green wire. Saw a spark when we plugged the cord into the outlet. After some online research we rewire the CORRECT way. Ground the green wire, white wire connect to the center wire of the dryer and the red & black wires screw on the wires on both sides of the white wire. Still didn't work. Has we toasted our dryer from that spark we saw? Also tried to switch the fuse box switch for the dryer off & on, but that didn't help. How do we check if the fuse is blown....or is it even a right question to ask. Pleassssse help!