> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Replacement Windows: Great Lakes
Login | Register

Replacement Windows: Great Lakes

Posted by John on April 6th, 2003 05:36 PM
In reply to Need window replacement instructions by Anthony on February 4th, 2003 02:21 PM [Go to top of thread]

0 of 1 people found this post helpful

Well, my wife and I have been shopping replacement windows for about a month now. I think I'm ready to sign, but have cold feet (literally) and am looking for a sanity check on our decision. We are looking at 11 replacements, double hung, primarily in the 31.75" X 49.5" range. We looked at Pella, a "no-name" private label product, and Great Lakes...both the Great Lakes Gold and the Uniframe. We've zeroed in on the vinyl as material of choice, so are focusing on Great Lakes. Looking at low E and argon, U=.24 for both Great Lakes products. Quote for the 11, exterior install, with capping is $6400 on the Uniframes, $5000 on the Golds. They also want an additional $600 if we want to upgrade the Uniframes to the "fake" interior wood grain look. Company will guaranty installations and is a licensed Great Lakes distributor, around for over 30 years. We live in New Jersey, certainly not the cheapest place, but $7000 for the Uniframes is no small number. The $2000 spread between the Golds and the Uniframes is also making us think twice. Can anyone, please, offer a sanity check for us. We've had a lot of "wheeler-dealers" out to the house. I'd really value an unbiased view on whether we've truly completed our homework and are about to make an OK decision. Many thanks for any guidance. John

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC