> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Replacement windows
Login | Register

Replacement windows

Posted by Laura Lambert on October 13th, 1999 12:54 PM
In reply to Hope this helps by TomR on September 8th, 1998 03:13 PM [Go to top of thread]

Would you believe that I ordered replacement windows through Fleet Farm, had a contractor measure the windows (43 years experience) ordered the windows with the rough opening size, when they got here and home and went to start to install, they sent the replacement windows for the rough size opening and not allowing for old sach to remain. Talk about a headache! Called Fleet Farm and they will not do anything about it. On the actual order for the replacement windows it states for rough opening size, I am just sick as I worked for 3 months to buy these replacement windows and now they sit in my garage and I am starting to put on plactic on my old windows.... JUST WHAT I THOUGHT WOULD NEVER HAPPEN AGAIN. According to the contractor, he says that this has never happened to him before as he has ordered through Anderson, Pella, ect. and they always allow for the old frame of the window to stay, here I am now stuck with these new replacement windows and have no idea if I can ever use them. Does anybody have any ideas if it is possible to install these without any more costly cost? The windows I bought are call Survivor Windows.... Be very careful how you order through them... Am sick at heart.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC