> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > replacement
Login | Register


Posted by David on January 10th, 2003 05:53 PM
In reply to Wooden molding damage, how to fix ? by Marc on January 10th, 2003 08:40 AM [Go to top of thread]

Marc, if you opt for replacement or trying to patch in a piece, be sure you can still get the same style and width of casing. Depending on the age and style this can get hard to do, and you sometimes would need to have a millwork company make some for you.

If you can't find the same size or style, or have trouble matching the finish, "borrow" a casing from inside of a closet in your home, and put the new one in the closet. This way if it doesn't quite match noone knows it but you....

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2017 Renovate Your World LLC