> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > replace the diverter/tub spout
Login | Register

replace the diverter/tub spout

Posted by bc on July 11th, 2000 10:59 AM
In reply to shower faucet by Wilbur on July 11th, 2000 10:30 AM [Go to top of thread]

2 of 4 people found this post helpful

Replace the diverter/tub spout if it is leaking by. Go to a plumbing shop and buy the same brand you have if you have a name brand metal faucet. The replacement diverters/tub spouts sold at some discount stores are plastic and don't work as well and may require a different nipple.

They just unscrew but some brands have a set screw underneath that needs to be loosened with an allen wrench first. Shut off water. Pull away from wall while unscrewing to avoid wall damage. There is a 1/2" nipple stub out that will either unscrew from the diverter or out of the wall. Use teflon tape when replacing. Different brands of diverters/tub spouts have the threaded part at different depths. Using an offbreed brand may require that you replace and/or cut&glue a new nipple.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2017 Renovate Your World LLC