> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Replace fluorescents with halogens in kitchen
Login | Register

Replace fluorescents with halogens in kitchen

Posted by Rosemary King on January 12th, 2000 11:42 AM

Our fluorescents are distracting to our newly remodeled
kitchen. However, they are "housed" in a beautiful
custom box matching cabinets, so we'd like to keep
that look and replace the plastic lens with plywood
to match the box, then place recessed halogen swivel
fixtures on the bottom, which lowers them closer to the
work area (box is 10" deep). Can you advise on whether
this is a good idea, and should we buy the "new"
construction or "remodel" fixtures? Thanks

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2017 Renovate Your World LLC