> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Repair Info
Login | Register

Repair Info

Posted by JayJ on December 26th, 1997 02:50 PM
In reply to Pergo flooring by D. Wallace on December 26th, 1997 11:18 AM [Go to top of thread]

Dear D. Wallace,

1) I'm assuming that if you have the info from the installation job, you'd have looked at it and wouldn't be asking. Again, my assumption.

2) If you did the installation and don't have the paperwork, go to where you bought it and see if you can get another copy. PERGO has repair info in their paperwork. If the store doesn't have the info, ask them how you'd get in touch w/PERGO.

3) If a professional did the installation, get on his butt to get you the info you need or give you direction. He'd be an excellent source and I'd bet he won't mind you calling.

4) Go to and look at the section on Laminate Flooring. Down at the botton, they go over the 'subject' you're requesting info on.

Today, PERGO is being used for laminate flooring like Kleenex is being used for facial tissue. Pergo is not the only manufacturer of laminate flooring so if you're not sure which brand of flooring you have, contact the store you bought it from or definately contact your installer! In short, repair 'kits' are available; be sure to get the right one. I don't mean to beat you on this but one thing most manufacturers say about what to do to keep their floor looking new is to keep it clean. If you have a foyer floor, a kitchen floor, of a floor that gets lots of natural light (where you'll see scratches more easily), high traffic areas must be kept clean. Sand (from concrete steps and driveways) is the most common cause of scratches. Pets and general foot traffic come next.

Good luck. Ask me directly (e-mail) if you need any more info.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC