> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Repair
Login | Register


Posted by Bill on May 24th, 1999 10:39 PM
In reply to Drywall Repair by Bill OH on May 18th, 1998 10:07 AM [Go to top of thread]

3 of 4 people found this post helpful

I'm currently doing the same thing, and have done so
many times in the past. You could re-rock but it is more

1. Clean ragged edges of paper as best you can.
2. Mix joint compound to a thick paint like consistancy
3. Use a 9" paint roller to "mud" over a bad area.
4. Use 6" masking paper (no tape) to cover over affected area.
5. Squeeze out excess mud with broad-knife (Just like you would drywall tape)
6. Roll mud on top of paper then broad-knife off excess.
7. start on next area.

The paper is more tender than drywall tape and will tear
easy when wet, so the mud should be thin and the pressure with
the broad knife should be light.

I' done nearly whole walls like this and the end result is perfect.

P. S. The paper wrinkles when mudded but the second coat covers
without any problem (usually 3 coats of mud)

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2017 Renovate Your World LLC