> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Repainting the Ceiling.....
Login | Register

Repainting the Ceiling.....

Posted by Painter Barbara on March 6th, 2001 06:58 PM
In reply to Spackle or Joint Compound??? by Steve: on March 6th, 2001 05:45 PM [Go to top of thread]

Hi Steve..whew you made my day. Thanks so much for the rapid reply. I'm not sure about whether the material was spackle or joint compound...I had enough sense to hire someone who does that for a living!! He didn't have to replace the tape just redo what I'm calling the spackle..although in another area of the ceiling he did have to retape.
As for painting...I did the ceiling yesterday afternoon, and could tell that it wasn't going to look too good by the night time. I primed this afternoon...not the whole ceiling just where the new material is, however, I will repaint the whole ceiling tomorrow.
I was told to paint from top to bottom, well, really I could have figured that one out by myself!! and was also told to use "x's"....but I gotta tell ya...doing the ceiling by hand, with a roller, on a ladder..some of my "x's" haven't been so great. So what is the proper rolling method asked the novice painter in New Jersey?

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC