> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Rent A Port-A-Jon ???
Login | Register

Rent A Port-A-Jon ???

Posted by Jay J -Moderator on October 28th, 2001 01:13 PM
In reply to Septic & Drain Fields! by Ron V. on October 28th, 2001 07:08 AM [Go to top of thread]

Hi Ron,

Just compare costs. Do your laundry at the laundry mat, eat off of paper plates, wash your dishes out back, shower at the gym (or at work or at the girlfriend's or something'), do your 'business' at work, etc., etc..

YOu could check w/the County to see how long it will be before you will be able to connect. What you'll need to do is have the yard 'prepared' for the hook-up. DON'T count on the landlord doing this much in advance of the piping coming down the street. I go to my Township's monthly Sewer Authority Meetings every month, and there are still folks that haven't hooked up for 6 months yet! Yes, the Twp. is sueing them, but by the time the case comes to court, they'll hook up. SO, don't hold your breath (is what I'm saying.) Even when the pipe runs past the house, it could be a while before your landlord hooks up. You could possibly 'force' the issue (at that time) w/the County, and they may be able to 'force' the landlord to hook up ASAP. But, you have to weigh that w/your 'rental situation'. This could P-O your landlord if he finds out his tenant had a 'hand' in this issue. Ask the County what must be done w/the Drain Field once the house is hooked up. In my Municipality, septic tanks have to be filled and capped. The homeowner CANNOT continue to use the 'old system'. One of the reasons some folks are so hesitant to hook up is because the recently spent 1000's and 1000's of $$$ on having their current system replaced. Other than that, you'd want to hook up ASAP!

Maybe others can say more. My best to ya and hope this helps.

Jay J -MOderator

PS: God Bless America!

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC