> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > removing wallpaper
Login | Register

removing wallpaper

Posted by Rynn on January 28th, 2002 12:10 AM

I am trying to redo my bathroom. I am having trouble removing the wallpaper. I'm using DIF gel, paper tiger, and a scraper. My problems are numerous. First, after I score the paper, only the top comes off. I have to rescore the bottom layer. Second, by the time I finish wetting the bottom layer enough for it to come off, the wall looks water damaged (it's dry to the touch after about 10 min. I have also tried water w/ fabric softener since I read that might help. Should that be used full strength? Third, I decided to try to prime a small spot to see if that helped the looks. I have the odor sealing type. It didn't look as if I put anything on there. I even tried it on part of the paper since I just want to paint or wallpaper over the existing in the other bathroom. I definetly couldn't tell I had put any on. Fourth, I have a border that I'm trying to get off at the same time. I really don't want to call a pro since this is an apt, and we won't be in it for more than 2 yrs (we're military). But, I can't look at this paper anymore. Fifth, it is taking longer than I think it should. It took 2 hrs to take off one strip about a ft wide and 5 ft long. Solutions to any of these problems would be welcomed. I'm basically convinced that I'm doing it wrong b/c of the time and the way the walls look. Please help!!!

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC