I have heard that removing lead paint with a heat gun releases harmful lead fumes, that are as dangerous as lead paint dust, which can cause lead poisoning. However it seems that most people use heat guns to do this job. Is it because people just are unaware of the dangers? Or is the danger so minimal that people continue the practice? We have beautiful moldings in our home that need to have the paint removed and I am very concerned about the dangers of lead poisoning. Are there any good ways to remove mulitple paint layers in the home?