> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > removing a bathtub drain flange ?!
Login | Register

removing a bathtub drain flange ?!

Posted by Wendy on December 9th, 1997 12:05 PM

16 of 25 people found this post helpful

HI -- I have an old tub from which I am trying to remove the drain flange . The drain assembly is pretty plain -- just a flange (manufactured by Standard) with crossbars in it -- it gets closed with a simple rubber stopper ( e.g. there is no assembly that connects to the overflow plate and pops up etc.).

My problem is that I can figure out how to remove it to replace it with a new one (after I re-enamel the tub)-- I don't know if it is screwwed into place or cemented. I have tried 10w40 and a heat gun to loosen it and stuck plyer handles into the drain to try and twist it out (leveraging with a screw driver) to no avail, so I don't think it screws out, and have also whacked it with a hammer a few time to no avail. ANy advice on how to remove it (for example any special tools?) would be greatly appreciated.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2017 Renovate Your World LLC