> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > remove concrete mortar from shower floor? Help!
Login | Register

remove concrete mortar from shower floor? Help!

Posted by ximena on January 4th, 2003 09:44 PM

I just had my bathroom redone and instead of tiling the floor, they just poured concrete. The concrete mortar rises about 2.5 inches from the drain at the center to the edge of the walls. the shower is 42"X36" and I was under the impression that the incline had to be 1/4" per 1 foot. there was supposed to be a "foot-save" mortar poured, a very smooth mortar stained "to the owners specifications". Instead, we have concrete that is mostly pebbles and is falling apart only three days after our contractor "finished". Needless to say I can't get in touch with the contractor who did this. My husband and I decided to tile the shower floor ourselves but we want to know if removing the concrete mortar by chipping it with a hammer and a chisel is the way to go. could we do this and then re-pour mortar at the correct incline to do the tile? are there faster ways to remove this floor without damaging the copper pan at the bottom?

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC