> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Removal of Vinyl Siding from Stucco Home
Login | Register

Removal of Vinyl Siding from Stucco Home

Posted by Ed Baquerizo on November 10th, 2002 07:06 PM

My wife and I recently purchased a large home (2000 sq. feet inside) in San Rafael, California. The previous owners (who lived in the house for 30 years) contracted a company to 'entomb' the entire home (including eaves and chimney) in vinyl siding. The original finish is stucco (which is still present) and it has a tile red roof. These features are consistent with other homes in our neighborhood.

My wife and I hate the vinyl siding, and when we purchased the home, we vowed to have it removed and restore the house. Other stucco homes in our neighborhood are quite attractive.

The problem is that to install the vinyl siding, wood furring strips were glued and nailed (concrete nails) into the stucco so that insullation and the siding could be applied. We have received one bid with many uncertainties of $55,000 to remove the vinyl siding, insulation, and furing strips and repair/re-seal the stucco. Any ideas? Was the contractor way off? Are you aware of any reputable companies in the San Francisco Bay Area that we might contact?

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC