> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > remodel
Login | Register

Posted by andi on October 16th, 2000 07:51 PM
In reply to MOBILE HOME REMODELING by PJ on October 16th, 2000 01:10 PM [Go to top of thread]

a couple of things i`d look for as i start are the wiring and the plumbing. a lot of aluminium wiring was used back around then and i can`t remember the cutoff date. another industry blunder was the type of piping used. mostly just the joints. i seem to remember that the plumbing was being fixed by the manufacturer, free!, for a while. don`t know about the wiring because it was u.l. listed. i think that i would, also, make sure the trailer was as level as possible before i did the drywall. these ideals are real cheap but can be labor intensive and my require some professional inspection. i know that when a friend or just an individual in need askes me to give my 2 cents worth on site i almost always can find a little time to come out and look for free. don`t be afraid to ask-you should be able to tell the quality of the individual by the response.

Also, never consider a mobile home a loss, despite what OTHERS may say! We had a trailer in Colorado, not a new one, but it was in a good location. We paid, what we thought was too much, but refinanced a year later and made $9000! A year later we had to move out of state due to family obligations, and had to sell rather quickly. He sold it for what we paid for it (not counting the $9000 we got out of it) but could have made much more with a little more time and work. Good luck and enjoy your home! please post again as the project continues. i want to hear about it.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC