> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Remember when your mother told you
Login | Register

Remember when your mother told you

Posted by Jennifer in KC on March 13th, 2003 08:32 PM
In reply to Plank Flooring by Frank on March 13th, 2003 06:59 AM [Go to top of thread]

not to believe everything you heard? Well, don't believe everything you see on HGTV either! Some of these "decorating" shows really frost my... well, they make me pretty dog-goned mad. I simply can't imagine the kind of headache the homeowers are faced with after the cameras are turned off and the crews leave. Imagine trying to EVER change a wall covered with DeCoupage glue, or cleaning between tiles that have been laid on a floor "dry" and without grout (we won't even talk about the tripping/cracking factor). And don't even get me started on what these people do with drywall compound! It's insane.

My advice is to NOT do this floor. You will, indeed, experience every single kind of failure you are imagining... as will the homeowners who had this flooring installed on HGTV (I'd be willing to bet on it). UNLESS this was old barn wood that had aged 70 or 80 years, this was just a bunch of common pine boards that will warp, twist, craze, and have all kinds of problems.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC